Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 2 Concepts and Skills Required

The following concepts would probably be ideally implemented into the same multiplayer game, but it may take a full team of people to create this game. =)
Within the constructs of this class, I will pitch all 3 concepts individually and will be choosing one construct to work upon for my thesis. The diagrams are ones that I will base my game design

Part 1. One to Rule them All: This gameplay element would allow a user to obtain a super power which they could use to change the entire game map. It would mean that there were more of certain pick ups in certain areas, that other players could attain, or more obstacles in certain areas that other players could fall for. However, there would be pressure on the individual to help benefit her peers, or else her karma points would decrease. As they decrease it would make it a lot easier for others to capture the power.

Part 2. Characters will find their way through a layered maze where they will step on switches to let themselves through and possibly hold their peers behind. They will reach the next layer after finding their way to the center and picking up the power. When they get to the next stage, they will try to obtain the next power while trying to avoid the person behind them, who will steal the power they have, and ascend to the next level first. If the player gets their power stolen they will descend back to the previous level.

Part 3. Characters will choose a class in which they are either overseer, manager or maintanence. These classes have different types of abilities when it comes to ability to act, given amount of xp, etc.
I think I am pretty good at capturing meaning in art. I also have a knack for writing.


I will be using Unreal to create my game, and I do have experience working in 3D and a little in programming. My game will use minimal programming techniques (but of course will require plenty of programming).

I will be using Illustrator to create concept art, which I have plenty of experience in.


No comments:

Post a Comment